Thursday 18 February 2010

Thursday 18th February 2010

I have seen at least two other painted buildings in Troisdorf, but simply cannot remember where they are, so instead I went for a walk around the (mostly) disused railway yards in Troisdorf today in search of a photograph. This took me back over 30 years to when I was walking around car scrapyards in south-west London looking for the part that I desperately needed to fix my car, mainly because the ground was soaked in oil and moved as you stepped on it, also leaving oily imprints of your shoes behind you (plus that horrible smell of old engine and gearbox oil that seeps out with every step) .... anyway, the sun was finally shining in a blue sky and the temperature soared to a scorching +5°C, so much of the snow and ice started to melt !!

(Nikon D5000 : Sigma VR 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 : f5.3 : 1/500" : 80mm : ISO 200: 18.02.2010 15:23:52)

No comments:

Post a Comment