Friday 6 May 2011

First update since the end of 2010

A lot has happened since my last entry in this blog. Most significantly, I packed as much as I could fit into two suitcases and boarded a flight from Frankfurt (Germany) to Dubai (United Arab Emirates) on March 30th. This was not without incident in itself, since Emirates Airlines decided to weigh my hand luggage (in addition to my check-in suitcases), then charged me Euro 600 for the 27 kg of hand luggage. They even refused to sell me a second ticket (which would have cost less than half this amount), claiming that the flight was completely full - although there were 3 out of 10 empty seats in my row, and 7 out of 10 empty seats in the row in front of me !!!

Anyway, despite the typically unfriendly and unhelpful Emirates staff on my departure from Germany, I am now trying to start up my new business as a freelance Photographer, based in the town of Al Nahda, in the United Arab Emirates state of Sharjah (just 2 km north of Dubai).

No comments:

Post a Comment