Saturday 8 December 2012

BenQ camera presentation at GPP


I had a fun evening with other photographers at the Gulf Photo Plus studio in Al Quoz, Dubai testing the two latest BenQ cameras. I shot this with the GH 700 model (21x optical zoom, Sony 16MP CMOS sensor), and is exactly as it came out of the camera (no post-processing, cropping, correction, etc.).

 Unfortunately, although I like the lighting, hair and pose here, it seems that without having a viewfinder to allow me to steady the camera against my head, this shot is ruined by camera shake ....

 (ISO 400, 1/60", f5.1, 32.1 mm)


.... although strangely this shot (taken with exactly the same settings) is much sharper !!!

However, the camera is not for me .... I don't like the flick-left flick-right lever to change zoom between wide and tele, the camera doesn't support RAW format, but worst of all, it doesn't have a viewfinder (only a 3 inch 460k LCD screen). My favourite bridge camera (the Fujitsu HS30) has none of these disadvantages .... although I own an older Fujitsu HS10 camera, which also lacks RAW format support.

No comments:

Post a Comment