Wednesday 14 March 2012

New Projects - Lightballs, Blog Site for Sharjah, Training Courses

As you may have noticed, I haven't been posting here much recently. In addition to my photographic work, I have decided to start three new fun projects, and these have been keeping me very busy !!!

The first project is "Lightballs" .... once I have got this technique perfected, I will start posting images here .... but basically, I am heading out to distant deserted locations in the middle of the night, and painting light balls and the surrounding scenery as I swing a torch around in circles (attached to a piece of string, with coloured filters fixed to the front of it) !!  If it isn't already, all will become clear when I post some of these images.

The second project is a new blog site that will feature events and locations worth visiting in Sharjah - http://sharjah-alive.blogspot.com/. This was motivated by so many of my friends in Dubai (and Abu Dhabi) who believe that although Sharjah is only a few kilometers away, it is beyond the known civilised world and full of evil demons and monsters. So this will be my attempt to show everyone what Sharjah has to offer, either to a potential tourist or someone who might choose to live here .... unless I get eaten by one of the many evil monsters first !!!  I already have the first 23 locations listed, as soon as I can find the time to visit and photograph them (and speaking of eating, I plan to feature restaurant reviews too).

The third project is a one-day training course in Basic Photography for beginners, which will include a lot of theoretical explanations of the technicalities required to understand different lighting situations, and will allow you to take control of your camera and switch from Automatic to Manual / Shutter / Aperture Priority modes and capture better images than you could ever imagine to be possible. My goal is to have the training course up and running by the time the temperatures outside reach 45+°C (i.e. early July), so that I can remain in a comfortable airconditioned environment during the summer heat !!!  The first course will be free-of-charge (although a small voluntary donation to a Cancer charity is requested), in order to ensure that I streamline the content with any topics that I don't need - or failed - to include .... and most of these 10 places are already booked up !!

No comments:

Post a Comment