Sunday 24 January 2010

Sunday 24th January 2010

I took the slower back roads home from church this morning and at Remagen, I came across a dozen people who - despite the heavy snow falling - were getting their canoes ready for an afternoon paddling along the Rhine .... and when I asked the guy who seemed to be the instructor if I could take his photograph for this blog, he agreed immediately !!!
I hope that one of the guys can remember my blog address, because I couldn't pass them my business card !!

(Nikon D5000 : Sigma VR 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 : f8 : 1/250" : 52mm : ISO 200: 24.01.2010 12:22:59)

2 comments:

  1. Hallo David, the guys name is Rolf and not the instructor of the group,nevertheless a nice guy! As he has no access to a computer, I'll print the picture for him, he will be pleased!
    If you like to see more about kayaking all the year, meet us here: http://www.kanu-postsvbonn.de
    The idea to take one photo each day is amazing, I'll think of doing the same ;-)
    Yours Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. My apologies to Rolf, but I thought that he was an instructor because of the way that he was calling out helpfully to everyone as they launched, and he reminded me of a mother hen proudly leading her chicks into the water for the first time ;-)
    Anyway, many thanks for your kind offer to print out and give the picture to him, I hope that he enjoys it.
    I would very much like to meet up to take more photographs, but I can assure you that you won't get me into a kayak on the Rhine, especially when the air temperature is below freezing and the water isn't much warmer !!!
    Don't think too long about committing to taking and posting a photo a day .... if I had thought about it beforehand, I would never have agreed to take this on .... but strangely, I enjoy the struggle of trying to find something unusual to photograph every day, especially when the days are so short and gloomy, plus everything is in black and white !!

    ReplyDelete