Friday 13 April 2012

More Blind Traffic Police / Sleep-driving in Dubai ??

Today is Friday 13th - and I have just received notice of an alleged traffic violation (driving my Chrysler Grand Voyager in the area around the Al Buhallet Tower in Jebel Ali whilst using my mobile phone) at 8:06 am on 21st February 2012. Strangely, I was in bed asleep at that time after a long night of retouching images, and I left home at 10:15 am that day in my Peugeot 206CC to deliver these images to my client (although I am still waiting for payment from the Auris Metro Central Hotel in Tecom, Dubai for this work) .... so either I was driving my Chrysler in my sleep (which would account for why I have no recollection of committing this traffic violation in an area that I have never consciously visited in my life, although equally strangely, I also have no record in my mobile phone log of any calls at that time), or both of the Traffic Enforcement Officers who "witnessed" me driving my car are blind or illiterate, having noted down the wrong number plate.

Either way, I had to pay the Dhs. 210 (US $ 55 / Euro 45 / GBP 35) fine before I could renew the annual registration on the Chrysler due in mid-May :-(

I have formally complained to the Dubai Police HQ in Dubai (and also asked them to check my mobile phone usage log with my service provider, Etisalat), but they insist that this violation is valid !!
 
Guilty even if you can prove that you are innocent, your honour .... "justice" in Dubai !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment