Tuesday 17 April 2012

New Web Site & Wireless Project

One of the hotels that I photographed (over nine weeks ago) has refused to pay even my booking fee, despite both frequent reminders from me and confirmations from them that the payment was being processed (and stupidly, I trusted them and handed over the high resolution retouched images, which they are now using in their marketing material). The same hotel chain is also refusing to pay my invoice for a Press Conference that I photographed for them - again, I handed over three of these retouched images to the CEO, who needed them immediately for a Press Release, and before payment the could be processed.
As a result of this, I am now building up a new web site which will include the option to purchase many of my images (including on-line via Paypal). All images can be viewed in low resolution and with a watermark, but as soon as I have received payment (in one form or another), I will release the highest resolution files without watermark protection for my client to download. I am sorry for any inconvenience or delay that this will cause for any clients that might be trustworthy, but if you have not done business with me before (or are amongst the bad payers that I have had to suffer in the last few months), I hope that you appreciate that I have to take these measures to protect my valuable time that I am currently wasting chasing after these individuals.
This new web site can be seen by clicking here. As soon as it is fully operational, I will close down my current web site and redirect the URL to this new site.

On a more positive note, I am currently investigating the possibility of controlling my camera via from software installed in my laptop. This is already working the way I wanted (with control signals being sent from the laptop to the camera, and the image being returned from the camera to the laptop), thanks to the CameraRC software .... but with the camera and laptop tethered together via a (2 metre long) USB cable, which is somewhat restrictive and dangerous. The next (and more involved) phase is to replace the USB cable with a USB wireless transmitter and receiver, which will give me an untethered range of 10 metres between the camera and laptop - I just need to construct a 5V power supply for the USB wireless unit at the camera end. The final phase of this project will be to introduce a portable (5V) wireless router, which will both significantly increase the range of the untethered link and send the images simultaneously from the camera to my iPad as well as the laptop !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment